How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you. We may also use some information obtained from social media or other publicly accessible information in order for us to assess how we may be able to help you. We will also make notes regarding any correspondances we exchange in order to communicate efficiently with you.
The information we have about you will only be used for our internal records and will never be shared with anyone, except if there is a legal obligation for us to do so.
How we store your personal information
You information is stored safely in a secure database in a Microsoft Azure data centre in mainland Europe. We will store this information only for as long as it is relevant, which may mean if you ask us to not contact you anymore we keep you contact details to prevent us adding you and contacting you again, however if you would prefer us to not keep any information about you please contact us , and we will remove you information from our database.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by writing to the Chief Information Officer at Complis, at the address at the bottom of this page.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk