Old Mutual Wealth is the leading wealth management business in the UK and internationally, helping to create prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow.
Part of Old Mutual plc, a FTSE 100 group that provides life assurance, asset management, banking and general insurance, Old Mutual is trusted by more than 18.9 million customers across the world and has a total of £327.9 billion assets under management (as at 31 December 2015).
Mosaic Print Management were appointed by OMW (previously Skandia Group) in 2011, for their ability to deliver measurable cost savings, safeguard design continuity and identify with the changing needs of the.
The scope of requirements included UK, Ireland and Isle of Man, mainland Europe, Asia, South Africa and South America.
The contract covered all UK and international print requirements, including:
- Creative services
- Artwork and in-house studio
- Literature and corporate merchandising
- Online and display content
- Translation services
- Mailing activity
- Braille, large print and audio
- Vendor management
- Logistics (storage, pick pack, fulfilment and distribution)
To do this, Complis® helped the Print Management team:
- Implement robust, competitive supply chains in previously unmanaged geographies
- Implement Complis® as the end-to-end technology solution
- Use Complis® to manage all file transfers using secure links to the DAM
- Match OMW’s existing business processes including current currency, tax and payment arrangements
- Integrate existing suppliers and the Complis® system to provide a fully online procurement solution extending quotation requests to a wider supplier base to increase competition and reduce costs
How did Complis® help?
Mosaic uses Complis® as its single technology platform. The system is one of the most advanced print procurement systems available and provides an integrated end-to-end artwork creation, approval and procurement workflow. It is a web based SaaS solution that provides Mosaic with the functionality to define and manage the full life cycle of print and promotional items, from concept to fulfilment and invoicing.
Complis® worked with Mosaic to set up and manage product catalogues with more than 670 live products. These were made available for users to search and order using the Complis® web portal functionality. The online catalogue allows products to be set up as stock or available as print on demand items, all controlled and managed within Complis®. The system can also identify stock held at Mosaic’s warehouses, print suppliers or at any of OMW’s worldwide locations.
Complis® maintain an extensive digital asset management system (DAM) comprising all OMW artwork which was easily accessible for artwork origination, amendments and production. Systems functionality maintains accurate version control and approval workflows; essential for Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) compliance.
Working with Mosaic, Complis® also set up predetermined Web2Print templates for OMW internal users, providing real time artwork creation, online proofing, approval workflows and automated routing to the Mosaic Account Management team to manage the printing. This avoids costly and timely artwork set up for OMW and at the same time maintains brand integrity.
Complis® also provides management information such as actuals versus SLA and KPI targets, and the Mosaic Account Management team have a complete view of the different types of print and its usage enabling them to make recommendations to OMW for ways to make savings including reducing the amount of stock held.
What functionality did Complis® provide?
Complis® could provide the following functionality in an integrated solution.
- Digital Asset Management
- Artwork creation and approval
- Business card creation for over 7000 staff globally
- Document templating and Web2Print
- Project Management
- Supplier profiling and management
- Online estimating and order processing
- Multi-national warehousing and stock management
- Online ordering of all corporate literature and merchandise, over 700 orders per month
- Same day fulfilment and delivery to desk
- Real-time Reporting
- Integration into OMW’s ERP system
- Studio time allocation and logging
What did success look like?
To date, Mosaic has delivered 34% savings on their print costs compared to the incumbent supplier to OMW and are constantly making further recommendations for cost avoidances and process improvements.